My Free Patterns

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Gingko Shawl

Hi everyone. I hope that you've had a lovely week. We had some good weather, followed and preceded by some gray rainy weather. I'm ready for some summer already!

I was very excited about this shawlette. It turned out rather well, but I cannot for the life of me block out the little hump at the top where the cast on was. The designer does mention this, but still..............it left me feeling a little deflated. Looking at others projects let me know that I am not alone.



Pattern: Gingko Crescent
Yarn: Bendingo Woollen Mill Luxury 4 ply. I like this yarn very much.



Wearing it as a scarf makes the little hump not matter at all. This is how I would wear it, were I not sending it to my Grandma for Christmas. I hope she likes it!


Have a great weekend

10 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I'm often dismayed with those pesky cast on humps too! Which color is this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how it is wrapped in the last picture. What a lovely way to wear it. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I know what you mean about the hump, maybe you suggest your grandma wear it as a scarf? ;-) I love BWM's luxury too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty....lovely color...and I'm sure Grandma will love it..hump and all....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - gorgeous knitting! Love that shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I really like the way the lace repeats kind of merge into one another in turn, really lovely. I wear all my shawls like the bottom photo, I like having a bright pop of colour against my Winter coat lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I wonder if it's how the set up increases were written? I always wear my smaller shawls like a scarf too. Maybe over the time of wear the hump will relax.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't have noticed the hump if you hadn't pointed it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is beautiful!!! I think it's perfect in every single way :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I thought the hump was deliberate, so don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...